Guys: It really is the thought that counts.
And your lovely lady wants you to think of her, especially on the day when love is celebrated, that special day…
Lest you have forgotten to circle February 14 on your calendar in RED pen and you don’t even know where to begin in purchasing a pretty for your pretty, then today is your lucky day where we provide the list with 5 gift ideas.
You’ll find these gifts in Shipshewana, and one idea in Topeka. No malls. No crowds. No wondering around. Just purchase, give, and become a hero in her eyes.
- Check out Lotions & Potions in the Red Barn Shoppes. You can customize a fragrance she likes, or one you would like for her.
- While you’re in the Red Barn Shoppes, visit Red Bud Gifts & Coffee Tea Café, where owner Ann Yoder offers an abundance of teas and hand-decorated teapots.
- Stop in at Chocolate Expressions, located on Morton Street. Jana Mast will fix you up with some of the most beautiful AND delicious hand-dipped chocolates that you’ll find anywhere. Jana has made just for Valentine’s Day a heart-shaped chocolate-covered caramel. To. Die. For.
- Buy her a “classic.” At Classic Jewelers, that is, located in the Next Door Shops adjacent to Yoder Department Store. This small, hometown fine jewelry store is big on selection and customer service. Prices are actually better than chain jewelry stores. Purchase anything in any color, and watch your wife’s eyes sparkle from the reflection of her new gem.
- Everything will come up roses when you hand her a bouquet of fresh roses from Dutch Blessing Floral, located at 260-A East North Village Drive. Topeka Pharmacy also has its coolers full of fresh flowers.
Tomorrow: Ideas for the evening meal.